Mitsui Chemicals Crop & Life Solutions, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “MCCLS”) uses the personal information provided by the users of our websites to provide goods, services and related information to customers and the general public and/or to improve our goods and services. The use of such personal information obtained through the websites for purposes other than the above, which are clearly stated in advance, shall not be used for purposes other than those stated. In the event that an individual does not wish to receive information on our goods, services and related notices, we will cease the provision of information upon request from the concerned individual.
MCCLS is committed to protection of personal information acquired and handled during the course of its business operations and recognizes that protection of such personal information is a corporate duty and social responsibility.
MCCLS implements the following rules to protect personal information:
1. Compliance with laws and regulations
MCCLS recognizes that compliance with laws and regulations is important in corporate sustainability. MCCLS complies with laws, regulations, and Company Rules related to the protection of personal information when acquiring and handling such information. MCCLS also sets guidelines for its subsidiaries and group companies in regard to compliance with laws and regulations concerning acquisition and protection of personal information from unauthorized disclosure.
2. Acquisition of personal information
MCCLS makes the purpose of acquisition of personal information clear and acquires the information according to laws and regulations related to the protection of such information.
3. Use of personal information
MCCLS will use personal information for the purpose stated when acquiring such information. MCCLS shall not use personal information in excess of the range to achieve the purpose of use without obtaining prior consent from the concerned individual. Provided, however, that personal information may be used beyond such range if permitted by law.
4. Disclosure of personal information
MCCLS will not disclose personal information acquired through the process of its business operations to third parties except as listed below under Section2 of [ Protection and Handling of Personal Information].
5. Safety measures in protection of personal information
MCCLS has established Company Rules regarding safety measures for the protection of acquired personal information that include but are not limited to: 1) administrator responsible for the acquisition and protection of personal information; 2) guidelines to prevent loss, theft, and illegal access of personal information, and 3) auditing systems to record any such loss, theft, or illegal access of personal information. MCCLS conducts training programs for its management and staff in the acquisition and protection of personal information.
6. Request for correction or disclosure of personal information
MCCLS will correct or disclose an individual’s acquired personal information by request from the concerned individual if such correction or disclosure is requested according to regulations concerning the correction or disclosure of such information.
7. Improvements or changes in the acquisition or handling of personal information
MCCLS applies a PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Action) cycle to its acquiring and handling of personal information. Such rules will be improved and changed as required to comply with laws concerning personal information and Company Rules to assure secure acquisition and protection of such information.
Protection and Handling of Personal Information
1. Use of Personal Information
MCCLS may use personal information acquired in the course of its business operations and corporate activities to the extent required and allowed by law, guidelines, and Company Rules. MCCLS may use such information, but is not limited to, in the following activities:
- Provision of goods or services
- Provision of information on goods or services
- Surveys or questionnaires regarding the provision or development of goods or services
- When required in the compliance to laws and regulations or legal agreements
- When required to contact clientele, business partners, or other concerned parties
- When required to respond to inquiries or requests made by clientele or other concerned parties
- When required in informing concerned parties about corporate activities
- When required in recruitment procedures
- When required in business operations
2. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
MCCLS may disclose personal information when the applicable law requires us to disclose such information, or when it is reasonably necessary to do so. MCCLS may disclose personal information in the following cases:
- When permission is granted by the concerned individual
- When the appropriate public authority (e.g. police) requests the disclosure of personal information held by MCCLS or its affiliates
- When it is necessary to protect the rights or properties of our employees and/or customers; or when immediate action is necessary to protect the safety of our employees, customers and/or the public and it is difficult to obtain the approval of the concerned individual
- When it is in the concern of public health or safety or when it is in the concern of the welfare of minors and it is difficult to obtain the approval of the concerned individual
- When the disclosure of such information is in accordance with the acquisition of such information and is required by an MCCLS contractor
- When the disclosure of such information is in accordance with the acquisition of such information and is required by a conjoined business operation of MCCLS
- When the disclosure of such information is required to respond to inquiries, requests for information, etc. related to products or services of MCCLS group companies, MCCLS may disclose personal information to its group company to allow it to respond to the inquiry or request for information. Acquired personal information will be stored and protected in accordance with laws, guidelines, and Company Rules.
3. Acquisition and protection of personal information acquired through MCCLS websites
4. Use of “cookies”
MCCLS uses highly secure technology to operate its websites to protect personal information. The MCCLS website may use “cookies” in some of its contents. (“cookies” are used to remember contents a user views and store the information in the user’s computer. “Cookies” do not collect personal information which can be traced back to an individual user such as names or mail address.) Your data may be stored in servers in and outside the EU/Japan.
- Cookies are used in the MCCLS websites when there is an application that requires remembering information between pages during a web viewing session.
MCCLS takes utmost caution in acquiring and protecting personal information obtained through its websites. MCCLS cannot assure the acquiring and protection of personal information of third party websites that may be linked from MCCLS websites. Such websites may have implicit or explicit personal information rules that are dissimilar to MCCLS website regulations. We recommend you confirm personal information regulations of such websites prior to providing personal information which may be gathered directly through forms or indirectly through participation in discussion groups or BBS
5. Correction or disclosure of personal information
To confirm acquired personal information or request corrections in acquired personal information, an individual or his/her lawfully appointed representative should request disclosure, use, revision, addition, deletion, etc. by contacting MCCLS by postal mail:
Mitsui Chemicals Crop & Life Solutions, Inc.
Administration Dept (Information Officer)
Nihonbashi Dia Building, 1-19-1, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0027, Japan
6. Web Beacons
MCCLS websites may use Web Beacon technology to count page access and acquire other information related to user viewing. Your data may be stored in servers in and outside the EU/Japan.
- Web Beacon technology may be used to count website users.
- Web Beacon technology may be used to analyze server problems and find solutions.
- Web Beacon technology may also be used to acquire quantitative data such as page view, access dates/times, user time. Web Beacons do not have the capability to acquire individual personal information.
MCCLS websites use security protocols when transferring data. Acquired personal information is sent encrypted using SSL technology.